Saturday, July 25, 2009

Link the Weak: Sunday, July 26

So I spend more time on the internet then I probably should. While a lot of this time is wasted looking at worthless stuff and doing mind-numbing tasks, I've managed to accumulate a number of resources for finding some crazy shit on the internet. So in the "feature" I'm going to list out my top 7 sites/stories I've found over the past week and lay them out for you. I'm going to try and do these every Sunday; just a heads up.
Here they are (in no particular order):

1. A Manual Sink Faucet -- Creative designs like this always catch my attention.
2. Abandoned Memories -- I've always been mystified by abandoned buildings and regions once inhabited by humans.
3. Great Timing -- Unphotoshopped pictures taken from around the world. You've got to have some serious camera skills to be able to capture these.
4. Curveball Illusion -- Check out this optical illusion, I've never seen it before.
5. The Pirate Bay to Become a Pay Site -- Draw your own conclusions.
6. Okotanpe Contact Juggling -- This shit puts me in a trance every time. Check the video and tell me what you think (here's another).
7. "The Dunk Heard 'Round the World" -- Check here for two different angles of Lebron James getting dunked on at his basketball camp by Jordan Crawford, a sophomore at Xavier. In my opinion, King James made a bigger deal out of this than it really was by confiscating the tapes. Honestly, makes him look like a pussy.

*Bonus: Download Seattle hip-hop group The Physics' new EP: High Society for free.

Sorry if some of these links were weak. For this first week I was just looking through some of my past stuff I've liked using Stumbleupon. Which brings me to my next part: with every link set I post I'll also give you a legit source for finding worthwhile stuff on the internet. This week, it's Stumbleupon.
First, you've got to get Firefox then download the add-on for it here. Simple as that. Then you can turn the toolbar on and start stumbling and finding some cool stuff on the internet. More to come.

----------------
Now playing: Immortal Technique - One Remix F. Akir

No comments:

Post a Comment