Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Threads: Blacksmith

I've been getting a lot of tweets from Talib Kweli lately about this "Year of the Blacksmith" (YOTB) website so I decided to check it out. I first got linked to their shop where I saw their sick logo and thought I should grab one of their shirts. I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm definitely considering it. If you follow the link, you'll see that the shirts are only $20 (my shipping is about $6 but it might be different depending on where you're at). Their logo in itself is sick enough (being an ambigram), but the fact that it's neon takes it to a whole other level along with the "glow-in-the-dark" lettering. I've got to grab one of these with all the money I'm making off landscaping haha.
Aside from their ill threads, The Year of the Blacksmith has a few great acts backing it. MCs like Talib Kweli and a group called Idle Warship which I hear is pretty good. So check out their site in the links below and see what their movement is all about. Support YOTB's mission of uniting so many diverse cultures and peoples under one love: hip-hop.
Check it.
Year of the Blacksmith website
Year of the Blacksmith store -- shirt I'm getting

----------------
Now playing: La Coka Nostra - Mistaken Identity

No comments:

Post a Comment