Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Threads: Pnoy Apparel

In addition to Talib Kweli's tweets, I've been getting a multitude of updates from Prometheus Brown aka Geologic (MC of Blue Scholars) about a clothing company called Pnoy Apparel. I'm convinced that he's affiliated with this company because of his Filipino roots (he's a second generation immigrant). While I may be of the Caucasian persuasion, I'm feeling a few of these shirts they're sporting over at PA. In particular, this one that says "Know History, Know Self."
This slogan holds a lot of meaning for me, and it makes a lot of sense too. If you know your history, you know yourself, because you're unique as a result of your past experiences. Without knowing your roots, you can't really know who you are. I'll use a mainstream example: The Bourne Identity. Jason Bourne (the protagonist) spends years of time and risks his life to try and recover his history so he can remember who he is; it's that important. But in all practicality, your history is who you are, and it at least warrants the importance to be emblazoned on a t-shirt. The shirt I want is only $18, but shipping is $7.50 for me here in Portland. Still not that bad a price. Check the pic and links below.

Pnoy Apparel website
Another tight shirt

----------------
Now playing: Alchemist - Therapy (feat. Evidence, Blu, Talib Kweli, & Kid Cudi)

No comments:

Post a Comment